Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kristen Rudy
    Participant

Day one complete of an all day marathon of this course material. My brain hurts, but I’ve had a couple of nice insights. The first was related to picking one specific thought to intentionally focus on and returning to the thought when I became distracted – much insight came from the naming process, which I’ve done in other ways before, but not specifically in this way.
    The other insight came from the idea of living each day as if it were my last – I decided to choose this as my goal in the assignment. I’ve heard it discussed in stoicism, but never really applied it very deeply to mindfulness before – thank you for that! The idea of impermanence and mandalas comes up for me with it and while those are parts of my framework for understanding mindfulness, the idea that *today* may be my last is a great one to really bring that home. The charnel grounds meditations of Buddhists, without all the gore 🙂

Charlton Hall
    Keymaster

Stoicism and mindfulness have a lot in common. I love ‘Meditations’ by Marcus Aurelius.

Heather Kaminski
    Participant

Ok, so is it just me or does the fellow doing the videos in lessons 1.15 and 1.16 sound like Mr Smith from the Matrix?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.