DBT-Informed Therapy Online Home Study Course
Mental Health Professionals
ONLINE HOME STUDY CONTINUING EDUCATION HOURS:
The Mindful Ecotherapy Center, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7022. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Mindful Ecotherapy Center, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy was developed by Marsha Linehan for the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder. Since then it has proven to be effective in treating a wide range of disorders. This four-module course will examine all four skill sets of DBT and give practical tips and techniques on implementing all of the DBT skills. This course is different from other online DBT courses in that we will be looking at how to blend DBT skills with Ecotherapy skills to enhance the benefits of both.
This program is entirely self-paced with no start or end date and may be completed entirely online. Once you begin you will have a year to complete the course materials.
What is Dialectical Behavior Therapy?
MODULE 1 – Core Mindfulness Skills
MODULE 2 – Interpersonal Effectiveness
MODULE 3 – Emotional Regulation
MODULE 4 – Distress Tolerance
COURSE SUMMARY AND REVIEW
Upon completing this course, the student will be able to
- Describe the Hegelian Dialectic and how it relates to Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Discuss how the Hegelian Dialectic can be used to address black-and-white thinking
- Describe and discuss several common dialectics used in DBT
- Discuss the four skill sets/modules of DBT
- Discuss, describe and implement the Mindfulness Skill Set of DBT
- Discuss, describe and implement several tools of the Interpersonal Effectiveness Skill Set of DBT
- Discuss, describe and implement several tools of the Distress Tolerance Skill Set of DBT
- Discuss, describe and implement several tools of the Emotional Regulation Skill Set of DBT
- Discuss DBT Suicide Prevention Protocol
- Discuss the implementation of DBT Suicide Attempt Self-Injury Interview (SASII 2009)
- Discuss the implementation of the Suicide Prevention Action Plan
- Discuss and implement several ecotherapy interventions that may be used with DBT
Course includes several meditations, and worksheets and handouts in pdf format.
Instructor Qualifications and Contact Information
This course was created by Charlton Hall, MMFT, PhD.
Charlton Hall, MMFT, PhD is a former Marriage and Family Therapy Supervisor and a former Registered Play Therapy Supervisor (now retired from both those roles).
In 2008 he was awarded a two-year post-graduate fellowship through the Westgate Training and Consultation Network to study mindfulness and ecotherapy. His chosen specialty demographic at that time was Borderline Personality Disorder.
Dr. Hall has been providing training seminars on mindfulness and ecotherapy since 2007 when he founded what would become the Mindful Ecotherapy Center, LLC, and has been an advocate for education in ecotherapy and mindfulness throughout his professional career, serving on the South Carolina Association for Marriage and Family Therapy’s Board of Directors as Chair of Continuing Education from 2012 to 2014.
He served as the Chair of Behavioral Health for ReGenesis Health Care from 2014 to 2016 and trained all the medical staff in suicide risk assessment and prevention during his employment at that agency.
Dr. Hall is also a trained SMART Recovery Facilitator and served as a Volunteer Advisor in South Carolina for several years.
Dr. Hall’s area of research and interest is using Mindfulness and Ecotherapy to facilitate acceptance and change strategies within a family systemic framework, and he has presented research at several conferences and seminars on this and other topics.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.