Mental Health Professionals
ONLINE CONTINUING EDUCATION HOURS:
Dialectical Behavior Therapy was developed by Marsha Linehan for the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder. Since then it has proven to be effective in treating a wide range of disorders. This four-module course will examine all four skill sets of DBT and give practical tips and techniques on implementing all of the DBT skills. This course is different from other online DBT courses in that we will be looking at how to blend DBT skills with Ecotherapy skills to enhance the benefits of both.
What is Dialectical Behavior Therapy?
MODULE 1 – Core Mindfulness Skills
MODULE 2 – Interpersonal Effectiveness
MODULE 3 – Emotional Regulation
MODULE 4 – Distress Tolerance
COURSE SUMMARY AND REVIEW
Upon completing this course, the student will be able to
- Describe the Hegelian Dialectic and how it relates to Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Discuss how the Hegelian Dialectic can be used to address black-and-white thinking
- Describe and discuss several common dialectics used in DBT
- Discuss the four skill sets/modules of DBT
- Discuss, describe and implement the Mindfulness Skill Set of DBT
- Discuss, describe and implement several tools of the Interpersonal Effectiveness Skill Set of DBT
- Discuss, describe and implement several tools of the Distress Tolerance Skill Set of DBT
- Discuss, describe and implement several tools of the Emotional Regulation Skill Set of DBT
- Discuss DBT Suicide Prevention Protocol
- Discuss the implementation of DBT Suicide Attempt Self-Injury Interview (SASII 2009)
- Discuss the implementation of the Suicide Prevention Action Plan
- Discuss and implement several ecotherapy interventions that may be used with DBT
Course includes several meditations, and worksheets and handouts in pdf format.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.