Mindfulness for Therapists
Target Audience: Mental health professionals; Professional Counselors & Therapists
Online continuing education hours: Ten (10)
NBCC Approval: Yes
Mindfulness for Therapists is an online and experiential continuing education course for mental health professionals. Mindfulness for Therapists offers an introduction to some of the skills of mindfulness, discusses how these skills may be used in a therapeutic setting, and discusses some forms of therapy that integrate mindfulness with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. The course also includes some experiential exercises so the student may try the skills.
- Discuss and describe the concept of Mindfulness
- Differentiate between Doing Mode and Being Mode
- Discuss Differentiation and how it relates to Mindfulness
- Discuss Individuation and how it relates to Mindfulness
- Discuss emotional regulation and how it relates to Mindfulness
- Discuss and describe Emotional Mind, Rational Mind, and Wise Mind
- Discuss the process of Externalization and how it relates to Mindfulness
- Discuss and describe Positive and Negative Thought Streams
- Describe and discuss the Mindful Skill of Observing
- Describe and discuss the Mindful Skill of Describing
- Describe and discuss the Mindful Skill of Fully Participating
- Describe and discuss the Mindful Skill of Being Non-Judgmental
- Describe and discuss the Mindful Skill of Focusing on One Thing at a Time
- Describe and discuss the Mindful Skill of Being Effective
- Describe and discuss the Mindful Skill of the Power of Intention
- Describe and discuss the dialectic of Acceptance vs. Change
- Describe and discuss Mindful Acceptance
- Describe and discuss Letting Go
- Be able to conduct a basic Mindful Meditation
- Discuss how Mindfulness may be used with CBT
- Discuss several Mindfulness-Based forms of therapy
Courses are best viewed using Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Internet Explorer. Other browsers may create login issues. If you are having difficulty logging in, please switch to one of these browsers or empty your browser’s cache.
This course is approved for NBCC credit for online continuing education.
The Mindful Ecotherapy Center has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7022. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Mindful Ecotherapy Center is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
All course materials are evidence-based, with clearly defined learning objectives, references and citations, and post-course evaluations. Upon request a copy of this information and a course description containing objectives, course description, references and citations will be given to you for your local licensure board. All online courses and webinars contain course objectives, references and citations as a part of the course materials; however, it is your responsibility to check with your local licensure board for suitability for continuing education credit if your licensing board does not recognize National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) approval. No warranty is expressed or implied as to approval regarding jurisdictions outside of the United States or its territories or for organizations that do not accept NBCC approval for continuing education courses.