Subscribe to the Mindful Ecotherapy Monthly Newsletter to be informed when new courses are added or updated
Target Audience: Mental Health Professionals
Online Continuing Education Hours: 2.75
The Mindful Ecotherapy Center, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7022. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Mindful Ecotherapy Center, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Suicide is an epidemic in the United States. In this course we will discuss recent suicide statistics, demographic data and its impact on suicide assessment and prevention, and how to use this information when conducting a suicide risk assessment.
We will also discuss some common myths concerning suicide and suicide prevention, learn how to conduct a basic suicide risk assessment, and prepare a No Harm Action Plan.
Finally we will discuss and describe some de-escalation strategies and discuss how to do a preventative Safety Plan.
- Discuss some recent suicide statistics and their impact on assessment
- Discuss current demographics in suicide risk assessment
- Identify several key risk factors in suicide risk assessment
- Discuss and debunk some common myths about suicide
- Conduct a basic Suicide Risk Assessment
- Describe some de-escalation strategies
- Conduct basic Safety Planning for suicide prevention
- Discuss and describe some ecotherapy interventions for treating suicidal ideations
Courses are best viewed using Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Internet Explorer. Other browsers may create login issues. If you are having difficulty logging in, please switch to one of these browsers or empty your browser’s cache.