This 3 (three) hour webinar course in Suicide Prevention sponsored by the Mindful Ecotherapy Center covers some common myths about suicide, suicide statistics, how to perform a basic suicide risk assessment, how to complete a suicide prevention action plan, and how to implement basic de-escalation strategies in a therapeutic crisis situation.
Suicide Prevention Course Objectives
- Identify and refute some common myths about suicide
- Identify some of the early warning signs of a potential suicide attempt
- Be able to discuss some current statistics regarding suicide
- Be able to discuss some age group differences regarding suicide
- Be able to conduct a basic suicide risk assessment
- Be able to discuss the PPI method of suicide risk assessment
- Be able to complete a Suicide Prevention Action Plan
- Be able to complete a No-Harm Contract and Action Plan
- Be able to use the Suicide-Homicide Ideation Decision Flowchart
- Define “de-escalation”
- Discuss the importance of de-escalation strategies in crisis prevention
- Describe and be able to use the LEAP de-escalation model
- Identify and use some common resources on suicide prevention
This course is a webinar. There is a 2-hour video for this course, followed by two 30-minute video discussions. You may watch the video at your convenience any time prior to the scheduled video conference portions of the webinar. After watching the video and participating in both webinar video conferences you will receive a link to a final exam for the course. Upon successful completion of the quiz with a score of 80% or higher, you will receive a Certificate of Completion for the course good for three interactive continuing education hours.
SUICIDE ASSESSMENT AND PREVENTION
WEBINAR VIDEO CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
Webinar Video Conference 1 Friday, June 21, 2019 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Webinar Video Conference 2 Saturday, June 22, 2019 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.