There are five courses that you must complete before applying for facilitator certification. These are:
- Mindfulness-Based Ecotherapy in Clinical Practice – 15 hours
- Mindfulness: An Introduction– 6 hours
- Ecotherapy: An Introduction – 6 hours
- Running a Successful Group – 5 hours
- Running a Successful Mindfulness-Based Ecotherapy Group – 5 hours
TOTAL HOURS = 37
You may take the courses in any order you wish. All courses must be completed successfully prior to applying for certified facilitator status. Once you have completed all five courses, you will need to write a case presentation using the guidelines below. There is no required length for the presentation; however, it must address the criteria outlined below.
NOTE: Individual course work for each course is NBCC-approved; however, NBCC does not grant or regulate facilitator certification. Facilitator certification is regulated by the Mindful Ecotherapy Center. What this means is that you may count the individual course work for continuing education for institutions that recognize NBCC approval, but the Mindfulness-Based Ecotherapy Facilitator Certification is not regulated by NBCC. Any questions concerning facilitator certification should be addressed to the Mindful Ecotherapy Center.
Mindfulness-Based Ecotherapy Case Presentation
The application below also contains your case presentation for Mindfulness-Based Ecotherapy Facilitator Certification. To complete your case presentation, select one of the 12 skills of Mindfulness-Based Ecotherapy and practice is with at least one of your clients prior to filling out the application below. Remember to use pseudonyms when writing your case presentation below so that your client’s confidentiality and privacy are respected. You may wish to have them sign a disclosure statement giving you permission to use their information anonymously.
Next, write your case presentation based on the outcome of the session in which you taught your client the selected Mindfulness-Based Ecotherapy skill. Your presentation should address the following questions:
- Which Mindfulness-Based Ecotherapy skill did you choose, and why?
- How did your client respond to learning the skill?
- What is your client’s presenting problem/diagnosis?
- How did the skill relate to the client’s diagnosis?
- How is the skill you chose to use with your client similar or different to your usual therapeutic approach?
- What are your client’s goals for treatment?
- Did the skill you presented help or hinder those goals? How and why?
- Were there any mitigating factors that might have affected the outcome of the session?
- Will you be using more MBE skills with this client in the future? If so, why? If not, why not?
- Any other pertinent information you may wish to include on integrating Mindfulness-Based Ecotherapy into your practice.
When you have completed all of the course work required for certification as a Mindfulness-Based Ecotherapy facilitator listed above, submit the application, including the case presentation, on the form below. When your case presentation is received, it will be evaluated. Please allow up to two weeks for evaluation. If your evaluation is successful, you will be sent a Certificate of Completion in pdf format indicating that you are a Certified Mindfulness-Based Ecotherapy Facilitator.
If your case presentation is unsatisfactory for any reason, you will receive an email explaining why and you will be given an opportunity to revise your presentation for re-evaluation.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this process.