Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Charlton Hall
    Keymaster

Say a little bit about yourself on this thread and get to know your fellow students!

Kristen Rudy
    Participant

Hi! My name is Kristen and I’m taking the Mindfulness Eco-therapy Facilitator’s course. I’m an art therapist and RYT in Mindfulness/8-Fold Path. I’ve been practicing meditation/mindfulness for about 12-13 years and recognize the life change in my own daily life. I’m also a vegan for health, animals, and the environment. I hope to learn more about how to incorporate nature in the practice of mindfulness, not only for myself, but for clients/patients. I love being outdoors and near the water. I grew up in the Midwest in a small town and had access to all sorts of nature, from forest walks, playing the rivers, to morel mushroom hunting. My grandmother taught me about conservation of resources, and eating the food that you grow, and I watched others canning veggies and fruit preserves. These are activities that I admire, and now living near a large city, I long to incorporate ways to bring nature right here where I’m at as a working person, until the day I can move to the country off grid – lol.

Nice to meet anyone else on here~
    Peace to you,
    Kristen

Charlton Hall
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum, Kristen!

Kelly Guidry
    Participant

Good Morning, and Happy 2024!
    My name is Kelly Guidry, and I live in Fort Worth, TX. I am an LPC supervisor and assistant professor in counseling at Tarleton State University. I spent 20 years in the public school setting as an elementary and middle school counselor before I transitioned to higher education, and I love to use play therapy, sandtray therapy, expressive arts, and other creative types of therapeutic interventions in my work with clients of all ages. I grew up on the East Coast and spent my youth playing in the woods, creek walking, hiking, riding my bike, etc., so I have always loved being outdoors. I worked at a therapeutic camp for grieving children and teens from 2010- 2019 (the summer before Covid) and observed the healing power of nature within our campers, but never put 2 and 2 together until Covid locked down the world. I began gardening, sitting outside, and watching the leaves blow and trees sway, and truly felt a need to be outdoors. Through this experience, I learned more about ecotherapy and how I could incorporate nature into my practice with clients. I love to camp, hike, and take photos of nature. This Spring, a colleague and I are teaching an elective on ecotherapy and mindfulness, so I am excited to put the information I learn in this course to work with my students, clients, and myself.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Charlton Hall
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum, Kelly! Please let me know if you have any questions about anything!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.