Running a Successful Group
This self-guided online course is good for 10 hours of online home study continuing education and is a part of the course requirements for certification in Mindfulness-Based Ecotherapy.
The course consists of two parts.
Part A is five hours of video instruction. Part A covers generic material on running any support or therapy group, plus a post-test on the material from Part A.
Part B consists of a downloadable workbook that you complete on your own, plus a post-test on the material from Part B. Part B covers the specifics of running a Mindfulness-Based Ecotherapy Group.
In this online study course, we will look at some of the principles of running a successful group. We’ll discuss the skills necessary to be a good group facilitator, and how to plan for your group. We’ll also examine recent research in the field, including the Stages of Change and the five phases of group process.
- Lectures 15
- Quizzes 2
- Students 38
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Part A: Running a Successful Group
- Course Description, Objectives, References and Citations
- Instructor Credentials and Contact Information
- Part A Course Materials Download Page
- Video Hour 1: Overview of Course, Working with Groups
- Video Hour 2: Planning for Groups Part A
- Video Hour 3: Planning for Groups Part B
- Video Hour 4: Planning for Groups Part C, Group Facilitation Part A
- Video Hour 5: Group Facilitation Part B
- Part A: Running a Successful Group Quiz
Part B: Running a Successful Mindfulness-Based Ecotherapy Group